Free School Meals
Many parents do not realise that they may be eligible for Free School Meals.
You can apply for free school meals if you receive one of the following:
- Income Support
- Job Seekers Allowance (Income Based)
- Child Tax Credit, but are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and your annual income (as assessed by the Inland Revenue) does not exceed £16,190
- Support under part VI of the Immigration & Asylum Act 1999
- The ‘Guaranteed Element’ of Pension Credit
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance Benefit (any element of contribution based paid free school meals are not available)
It is quick and easy to apply and, even if your child does not with to take a school meal, the school receives extra funding based on the numbers of eligible pupils, so it is well worth applying. Please make sure you apply by 10th January to qualify for the rest of this year.
Applying for Free School Meals
If you would like to apply, please pick up an application form from the school office, or you can click here to apply online. If you would like to know more, please visit the school office.
Our school meals are provided by Alliance in Partnership. Please see the files below for more information:
Need some ideas on how to make your lunch healthy? Click below to see the Change4life guidance, provided by the NHS: