Home learning is an essential part of developing as an independent learner. In Year 5, children should be taking responsibility for knowing what which pieces of home learning they need to complete and when they must handed in. This will ease the transition into Year 6 when the workload will increase. The work which will be assigned will fall into two categories as outlined below.
- Daily Reading – your reading record should be written in and signed 5 times a week to show that you have been reading, or discussing your reading, with an adult.
- Weekly Spellings – tested on Friday
- Weekly Grammar Home Learning– given out on Monday
- Weekly Mathematics – given out Thursdays
- Learn Times Tables, Days of the Week, Months of the Year and Seasons
- Topic – related to topic and given out each term
Listen to the news (e.g. Newsround)
Use money in real life situations
Use measure in real life situations e.g. height, cooking, time etc.